Congress Passed the Families First Coronavirus Response Act
Congress passed emergency legislation to address the coronavirus (“COVID-19”) crisis gripping the nation. The Families First Coronavirus Response Act (“COVID-19 Response Act”) passed the House of Representatives on March 14, 2020, was amended on March 16, 2020, passed the Senate on March 18, 2020, and was signed by the President on the same date.
The COVID-19 Response Act includes the following separate sections that directly affect employers and employees:
- Division C – Emergency Family and Medical Leave Expansion Act
- Division D – Emergency Unemployment Insurance Stabilization and Access Act
- Division E – Emergency Paid Sick Leave Act
- Division F – Health Provisions (including requirements for group health plans)
- Division G – Tax Credits for Paid Sick and Paid Family Leave
Read full alert here.